ALL QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED UNDER THE FAQ’s TAB.
2020 dates are May 16th – 17th and October 3rd – 4th
Getting out in nature and enjoying the great outdoors is the best way to avoid sicknesses of any kind. However, as the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) is now telling us, gathering in large crowds is not a good idea. So, in reaction, certain promoters large and small are starting to cancel various events due to Corona Virus fears. Although we are still several weeks away from the event dates, the Marienville Volunteer Fire Co. does not want our participants to run this risk.
Following the decisions made by many government officials to suspend all events until further notice in order to combat the propagation of the Corona Virus (COVID 19) pandemic, the organizers of the Tour-de-Forest ATV Ride are regretfully obligated to cancel the Spring event. Although we are excited that this is our 25th anniversary of the Tour-de-Forest, we have always wanted to provide a safe and enjoyable ride through the great Alleghany National Forest. This decision was not easy being this year is the 25th anniversary but we want to ensure we are doing everything possible to keep our riders and staff safe from this global pandemic.
We are hopeful that the Fall event October 3rd and 4th, 2020 will not also be canceled. The Fall event is currently TBD pending the situation of the pandemic. The participants who have already preregistered will receive a refund. We will be back, and we will ride again, thank you for 25 years of support, be safe and stay healthy.
The Tour-De-Forest is a an ATV leisure ride through the scenic Allegheny National Forest on designated forest roads and trails that are not usually open to ATV traffic. The Tour-De-Forest has a very low difficulty level and is good for riders of all ages and experience to enjoy. This event is put together for ATV enthusiast to have the opportunity to ride and experience different areas that are not normally open to ATVs. We hope you have an enjoyable time with us.
The Tour De Forest is always scheduled on the third weekend in May and the first weekend in October.
Tour-De-Forest Rules, State and Federal Laws change frequently.
PLEASE REVIEW THEM CAREFULLY!
REGULATIONS REGARDING ATV / DIRT BIKE USE AND PASSENGER INFORMATION:
- MAXIMUM MACHINE WIDTH IS 64″
- ATV’S MUST HAVE AN APROVED SEAT FOR PASSENGERS.
- PASSENGER UNDER 8 YEARS OF AGE CAN ONLY RIDE IN A SIDE BY SIDE ATV WITH A CHILD SAFETY SEAT, AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
- ANY CHILD UNDER 4 YEARS OF AGE, OR WEIGHING LESS THAN 40 LBS, OR UNDER THE HEIGHT OF 4 FOOT 9 INCHES TALL ARE REQUIRED TO USE A CHILD RESTRAINT DEVICE.
- ANY CHILD BETWEEN 4 AND UNDER 8 YEARS OF AGE WHO WEIGHS LESS THAN 80 LBS. AND/OR WHO IS UNDER 4 FOOT 9 INCHES IN HEIGHT MUST BE FASTEN IN A VEHICLE SEAT BELT SYSTEM WITH THE USE OF A BOOSTER SEAT.
- PASSENGERS 8 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER MAY RIDE ON AN ATV WITH AN APPROVED AFTER MARKET SEAT ONLY.
- TOUR-DE-FOREST STAFF WILL BE WEARING YELLOW VEST’S IF ANY HELP IS NEEDED.
- ALL RIDERS MUST STAY ON ROUTE AND FOLLOW ALL ROUTE SIGNING.
- IF YOU NEED TO STOP ALONG THE ROUTE, PULL OFF ONLY AS FAR AS NECESSARY TO AVOID BECOMING A HAZARD. (PICK A WIDE SPOT.)
- STAY OUT OF DITCHES AND SOFT AREAS.
- FOLLOW THE 25 MPH SPEED LIMIT ALONG THE
- WHEN IN TOWN STAY ON THE DESIGNATED ATV ROADS AND FOLLOW ALL TRAFFIC LAWS.
- FOLLOW THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC, MOST OF THE ROUTE IS ONE WAY STAY TO THE RIGHT.
- THE ORANGE TRAIL IS THE ONLY TWO-WAY TRAFFIC.
- ALL RIDERS MUST CARRY PROOF OF INSURANCE, REGISTRATION (FROM PA OR A RECIPROCAL STATE.)