Fall Tour-de-Forest Canceled
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, and after much consideration, it is with great regret to announce that the Tour-de-Forest Committee has made the decision to cancel the Fall 2020 ATV Ride. The timing of the uncertainty surrounding the outbreak has contributed to significant challenges in planning this event as many changes to the venue would need to be made.
In addition to creating challenges in the planning of the event, even though Pennsylvania has entered the “Green Phase” we are still prohibited to have an event larger than 250 attendees including staff. With this limit and the fact that eliminating all concession, vendors, and checkpoints it would greatly diminish the events experience for volunteers, attendees and their families. In addition to these risks, the risk of a failed Tour-de-Forest might jeopardize the Committee’s ability to host future events.
With all these factors in mind, the Committee made the decision to cancel the Fall 2020 Tour-de-Forest. We thank you in advance for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing you at both the 2021 Tour-de-Forest’s on May 22nd – 23rd and October 2nd – 3rd, 2021.
Marienville Volunteer Fire Co.
ALL QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED UNDER THE FAQ’s TAB.
2020 dates are May 16th – 17th and October 3rd – 4th
The Tour-De-Forest is a an ATV leisure ride through the scenic Allegheny National Forest on designated forest roads and trails that are not usually open to ATV traffic. The Tour-De-Forest has a very low difficulty level and is good for riders of all ages and experience to enjoy. This event is put together for ATV enthusiast to have the opportunity to ride and experience different areas that are not normally open to ATVs. We hope you have an enjoyable time with us.
The Tour De Forest is always scheduled on the third weekend in May and the first weekend in October.
Tour-De-Forest Rules, State and Federal Laws change frequently.
PLEASE REVIEW THEM CAREFULLY!
REGULATIONS REGARDING ATV / DIRT BIKE USE AND PASSENGER INFORMATION:
- MAXIMUM MACHINE WIDTH IS 64″
- ATV’S MUST HAVE AN APROVED SEAT FOR PASSENGERS.
- PASSENGER UNDER 8 YEARS OF AGE CAN ONLY RIDE IN A SIDE BY SIDE ATV WITH A CHILD SAFETY SEAT, AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
- ANY CHILD UNDER 4 YEARS OF AGE, OR WEIGHING LESS THAN 40 LBS, OR UNDER THE HEIGHT OF 4 FOOT 9 INCHES TALL ARE REQUIRED TO USE A CHILD RESTRAINT DEVICE.
- ANY CHILD BETWEEN 4 AND UNDER 8 YEARS OF AGE WHO WEIGHS LESS THAN 80 LBS. AND/OR WHO IS UNDER 4 FOOT 9 INCHES IN HEIGHT MUST BE FASTEN IN A VEHICLE SEAT BELT SYSTEM WITH THE USE OF A BOOSTER SEAT.
- PASSENGERS 8 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER MAY RIDE ON AN ATV WITH AN APPROVED AFTER MARKET SEAT ONLY.
- TOUR-DE-FOREST STAFF WILL BE WEARING YELLOW VEST’S IF ANY HELP IS NEEDED.
- ALL RIDERS MUST STAY ON ROUTE AND FOLLOW ALL ROUTE SIGNING.
- IF YOU NEED TO STOP ALONG THE ROUTE, PULL OFF ONLY AS FAR AS NECESSARY TO AVOID BECOMING A HAZARD. (PICK A WIDE SPOT.)
- STAY OUT OF DITCHES AND SOFT AREAS.
- FOLLOW THE 25 MPH SPEED LIMIT ALONG THE
- WHEN IN TOWN STAY ON THE DESIGNATED ATV ROADS AND FOLLOW ALL TRAFFIC LAWS.
- FOLLOW THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC, MOST OF THE ROUTE IS ONE WAY STAY TO THE RIGHT.
- THE ORANGE TRAIL IS THE ONLY TWO-WAY TRAFFIC.
- ALL RIDERS MUST CARRY PROOF OF INSURANCE, REGISTRATION (FROM PA OR A RECIPROCAL STATE.)