ALL QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED UNDER THE FAQ’s TAB.
2020 dates are May 16th – 17th and October 3rd – 4th
The Tour-de-Forest ATV ride was held May 18th and 19th and once again was huge success. It rained a little Saturday and it was just enough to hold the dust down for a beautiful weekend for our event. We had a total of 1274 machines over the entire weekend with 716 passengers. We would like to take this time to thank all of the organizations involved for their hard work and dedication over the weekend and the days leading up to the event. This event not only benefits our fire company but also a number of volunteer organizations. We also like to thank our great community for their support and patience for our event. We especially would like to thank all of the participants for attending and making our fundraiser such a huge success. We hope you enjoyed yourselves!! Thanks again and we hope to see you all in the fall.
I have received a few participants photo submissions for our site, KEEP THEM COMING!! email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tour-De-Forest is a an ATV leisure ride through the scenic Allegheny National Forest on designated forest roads and trails that are not usually open to ATV traffic. The Tour-De-Forest has a very low difficulty level and is good for riders of all ages and experience to enjoy. This event is put together for ATV enthusiast to have the opportunity to ride and experience different areas that are not normally open to ATVs. We hope you have an enjoyable time with us.
The Tour De Forest is always scheduled on the third weekend in May and the first weekend in October.
Tour-De-Forest Rules, State and Federal Laws change frequently.
PLEASE REVIEW THEM CAREFULLY!
REGULATIONS REGARDING ATV / DIRT BIKE USE AND PASSENGER INFORMATION:
- MAXIMUM MACHINE WIDTH IS 64″
- ATV’S MUST HAVE AN APROVED SEAT FOR PASSENGERS.
- PASSENGER UNDER 8 YEARS OF AGE CAN ONLY RIDE IN A SIDE BY SIDE ATV WITH A CHILD SAFETY SEAT, AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
- ANY CHILD UNDER 4 YEARS OF AGE, OR WEIGHING LESS THAN 40 LBS, OR UNDER THE HEIGHT OF 4 FOOT 9 INCHES TALL ARE REQUIRED TO USE A CHILD RESTRAINT DEVICE.
- ANY CHILD BETWEEN 4 AND UNDER 8 YEARS OF AGE WHO WEIGHS LESS THAN 80 LBS. AND/OR WHO IS UNDER 4 FOOT 9 INCHES IN HEIGHT MUST BE FASTEN IN A VEHICLE SEAT BELT SYSTEM WITH THE USE OF A BOOSTER SEAT.
- PASSENGERS 8 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER MAY RIDE ON AN ATV WITH AN APPROVED AFTER MARKET SEAT ONLY.
- TOUR-DE-FOREST STAFF WILL BE WEARING YELLOW VEST’S IF ANY HELP IS NEEDED.
- ALL RIDERS MUST STAY ON ROUTE AND FOLLOW ALL ROUTE SIGNING.
- IF YOU NEED TO STOP ALONG THE ROUTE, PULL OFF ONLY AS FAR AS NECESSARY TO AVOID BECOMING A HAZARD. (PICK A WIDE SPOT.)
- STAY OUT OF DITCHES AND SOFT AREAS.
- FOLLOW THE 25 MPH SPEED LIMIT ALONG THE
- WHEN IN TOWN STAY ON THE DESIGNATED ATV ROADS AND FOLLOW ALL TRAFFIC LAWS.
- FOLLOW THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC, MOST OF THE ROUTE IS ONE WAY STAY TO THE RIGHT.
- THE ORANGE TRAIL IS THE ONLY TWO-WAY TRAFFIC.
- ALL RIDERS MUST CARRY PROOF OF INSURANCE, REGISTRATION (FROM PA OR A RECIPROCAL STATE.)